Saturday, December 10, 2011

Muppet Time!!

I am a huge Muppet fan.  I grew up watching the Muppet Show, have seen every Muppet movie released and have most of them on DVD.  When I heard that they were releasing a new movie I was super excited and knew that we would have to make a special trip to the El Capitan Theater to watch it in style. My excitement was boosted even higher when I found out that (for an extra fee) we could attend Disney's Most Sensational Muppet Party prior to the movie.  I have had my tickets for both since August, and the movie poster has been on my refrigerator as I counted down the days.  The big day finally arrived last Sunday.


Our day started at the Muppet Party, which was held at Disney's Soda Fountain located next door to the theater.  We were pleasantly surprised to find out that the party was open to a very limited number of people which made a relaxed atmosphere for the attendees.  A light lunch, Muppet trivia, games and cupcake decorating put us all in a great Muppet-mood and got us even more excited for the movie.


After the party we headed over to the theater.  As I mentioned in a previous post,  The El Capitan  turns watching a movie into an event, and this time was no exception. The afternoon started with Kermit and Miss Piggy live on stage leading a holiday sing-a-long.  Everyone had been given a jingle bell bracelet as we entered the theater, and the kids loved singing and jingling the bells along with the Muppets. It even snowed in the theater as we all finished singing.  Then came the main event.  The movie was as great as I had hoped.  It kept my husband and I laughing throughout, and kept my kids' attention as well.  I love movies that we can all enjoy together.  But the day was not over when the movie ended...the El Capitan has a whole display of Miss Piggy's wardrobe and props from the movie that we were all invited to walk through before we left.



This was such a fun family outing.  Even going to the movie at the El Capitan without adding on the party would make a wonderful day trip.  My kids are still talking about it, and the poster is still up on my refrigerator, reminding me of what a great time we had.


Event: The Muppets movie and party at the El Capitan Theater

Dates: Nov 23, 2011-Jan 8, 2012

Cost: General Admission is $15.00 per adult and $12.00 per child. There is also an additional $2.00 fee per ticket. VIP tickets and party tickets are available for an extra charge.

Location: El Capitan Theater, 6838 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, CA 90028 

Parking: The El Capitan Theater will give a partial validation for those who park in the Hollywood and Highland center, located directly across the street from the theater. The maximum daily charge in that lot is $10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment